Ever wonder where our laws in the USA come from? Yes, they come from Congress, but who comes up with the legislation? Who is behind the idea? Obviously, it's not us, the people. We didn't decide it's acceptable to torture, or imprison people without due process, or assassinate citizens on just the President's say-so, or rack up unpayable debt, or leave the gold standard, or invade sovereign nations that have never attacked us. We, the people, actually think those things are NOT acceptable! Evidently, government of the people, by the people, and for the people is just feel-good propaganda designed to make us complacent and leave the decisions to others.
I think it's time the people introduce legislation to Congress. I have no doubt that we would make sensible and compact laws that would fit within a very short paragraph, unlike the shysters who draft the current legislation. In fact, I have some new laws I want to introduce right now for Congress to vote on.
- Living things cannot be patented. Man did not invent life, and any modifications he makes to living things rests on prior work that humanity had nothing to do with. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Non-living things, like legal entities and corporations, cannot be considered living things. Legal entities, like corporations, are not people and do not have the same rights as people. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Other nations cannot be attacked or invaded unless they do the same thing to our nation. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Torture of any living thing is strictly prohibited. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Legal tender can only be gold or silver coin, as specified in the Constitution. Any token, paper or digital, used as a substitute must be directly backed by the equivalent amount of gold or silver that is physically held in reserve and deliverable to the bearer on demand. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Usury is forbidden. No interest can be charged on a loan. No exceptions to this law are allowed.
- Secrecy in government is forbidden. Everything in government must be freely available to the public. The only exception is for matters of defense during times of actual declared defensive war.
I think if we pass the above laws, it will change the United States into something much better than it has ever been. We need not have any fear of creating the world we would like to see. In fact, it is our duty to do so.