The boy who cried "Wolf!" was emotionally deficient, a psychological deviant. Why do you think he was sent out to the countryside to tend the sheep all alone? He knew he was different from the townsfolk, and he despised them. He felt he was smarter than all of them, and he learned to deceive and manipulate them to his advantage to prove to himself that he was indeed smarter. Crying "Wolf!" was just the beginning. As time went by, the boy learned to vary his cries, from "Bank run!" to "Communist!", to "Weapons of mass destruction!", and even "Terrorist!" He learned to practice deep secrecy, making it nearly impossible to be caught. He learned to engage others to do his bidding, buying the services of the weak-minded, so that if his schemes failed, others would be blamed. He learned to organize with other deviants like himself into secret societies where they could plan more sophisticated operations, always for their own benefit at the expense of others. Together, they learned to heavily influence the very minds of the people to make them think in ways that served this small group of parasites. In this manner, through lies and secrecy and deception and manipulation, these psychological deviants, eventually labeled as "sociopaths", came to rule over the people.
The people suffered greatly. The quality of life steadily declined, freedoms disappeared, crime flourished, prisons overflowed with noncriminals, wars were orchestrated and dragged on endlessly, disease was deliberately created and spread, the essentials of life itself were slowly poisoned, and many people died needlessly. With their minds under the influence of pervasive propaganda, the people were unable to figure out what was really happening, and what to do about it. They looked to their puppet rulers for solutions, completely unaware that the hidden rulers controlling the puppets were the real source of their misery.
Well, maybe not completely unaware. There were a few people that were not fooled, that were resistant to the propaganda and mind control, that spoke out in an effort to shake the ignorant out of their stupor so that they could resist the new world order. These few honest people were systematically marginalized, discredited, persecuted, silenced, and even killed by the rulers, so that the status quo would not be disturbed.
One day, the Emperor was parading in front of his ragged and numbed subjects, looking to be admired for his cleverness and fine stitchery, when a little boy pointed at the Emperor and cried out the painful truth most unexpectedly. "Look Mommy, he has no clothes!"
How does the story end?
- The Emperor orders the boy to be immediately beheaded in front of everyone.
- The Emperor's physicians rush forward to administer the proper medication to cure the little boy of his obvious delusion.
- The crowd descends like mad dogs on the little boy and tears him apart, gaining an approving smile from the Emperor.
- The little boy's mother responds, "Tricks are for kids!", the crowd laughs, and everyone carries on as expected.
- The crowd suddenly has a moment of clarity, overpowers the Emperor and his guards, redistributes his enormous wealth amongst everyone, and reorganizes to create a happy, prosperous society of caring equals.
- Don't be stupid. This is all just conspiracy theory.
- What story?