You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world.  You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

Saturday, January 2, 2021

My bicycle has COVID

I'm afraid my bicycle is dying from COVID.

Well, it's not actually dying, as it is asymptomatic and doesn't appear sick.  But it tested positive for COVID-19, and that's how I know it is going to die.

Due to all the scary news broadcast by the media, my bicycle decided to get tested just as a precaution.  There was a long line at the testing center, but my bicycle was able to fill out the paperwork while waiting in line to save time.  But after an hour or so of waiting, my bicycle decided to just come back another time when it wouldn't have to wait so long.  But because I needed to use it so often, my bicycle didn't have a chance to return.

A few days later, the bad news arrived in the mail that my bicycle had tested positive.  This news had a devastating effect on my bicycle, and it went into self-isolation and refused to be ridden.  I had to use another bicycle, which hasn't been tested, and I am wondering if I should encourage it to go in for a test.  It too is asymptomatic, so I can't tell if it is infected, but I know it has been within six feet of my first bicycle before my first bicycle self-isolated.  I don't want to risk a pandemic among my other bicycles.  What should I do?

Praying hard for a vaccine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me